Tuesday 23 October 2012

Accessories: hair, jewellery and shoes (oh my!)


In a post for Dotty Vintage Wedding I have discussed the dress and I thought I would also do something here about my accessories.

Jewellery
My original idea had been to make all my jewellery. However, once I started trying on dresses and really imagining what I would look like, I realised that I already owned my wedding jewellery.

For my 21st Birthday I was given a pearl necklace from my parents and the matching bracelet by my sister. They are simple stings of beautiful creamy pearls. Since deciding that I would wear these I have been told ‘not to worry about earrings’, which I take to mean someone has already said they would like to get me something to match.
A beautiful and simple pearl jewellery set, similar to mine.
by Highland Angel Weddings on Not On The High Street
Hair
I have long curly hair, something that I thought I could loose after it started falling out during a period of very ill health. So once it started growing back in, I knew I wanted to wear my hair down and in some sort of curls.
Stunning hair  accessory ideas (clockwise from top left)
Antique Gold Side Tiara, Feather Art Deco Birdcage veil, Crystal decorated Hair ribbon,
Pearl headband with side flowers and pearl nature inspired headband
After looking at the options on Bridal shops and browsing many beautiful options online, I decided I wanted to make my hair pieces myself. I purchased some pearls and Swarovski crystals, as well as the relevant findings. After a couple of practices I soon found that both items I wanted to make were easy.

The tiara/hair band I made, a single line of alternating pearls (natural potato) and Swarovski crystals (clear and pale lilac), is identical to what the local Bridal shop stocks (£50) and I made it for a fraction of the price (approx £10) in less than an hour.

Paradise Jewellery UK have this elegant Swarovski pearl
and crystal  hairband/tiara
I am also considering wearing a veil and my thoughts on this can be found in my previous post Veiled in confusion.

Shoes
I love shoes, if I had more money I would have a wardrobe full of them! So when it cam to choosing me shoes I got carried away. At first I fell in love with a pair of Diane Hassell shoes from Elegant Steps called Buttercup, but the price tag was a big issue, and while they were still available I hadn’t yet chosen my dress.

Buttercup
Then a few weeks before I went dress shopping I was looking at Irregular Choice shoes, and saw a pair that were stunning. After choosing the dress and talking through the final look with my Mum and sister, I went ahead and purchase the White and Gold Courtesan shoes which were limited edition to Schuh. I also managed to find a matching Irregular Choice bag on Amazon.

I have also got a pair of flat shoes, ready for dancing!

My shoes and handbag
Getting married in winter has led to lots of other accessory choices including wellies, brollies and how to keep warm. My thoughts on these can be found here.

TTFN ~ Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment